“The current trend of the fashion producing industry is going towards eco and sustainable fashion. In the future there will be sustainable fashion solely. Organic cotton will be considered as the standard,” this is the vision of wunderwerk.
To support this vision, each garment of "wunderwerk" is created:
• by basically environmentally sound production of textiles, i.e. without air and water pollution
• by fair treatment of humans and animals (use of organic wool or alpaca, no angora plucking, no mulesing )
• by the exclusion of environmentally harmful chemicals, such as chlorine, chromium VI or potassium, and petroleum-based raw materials (acrylic, polyester, polyamide, polyurethane)
• by using raw materials from controlled biological cultivation (organic) and certified organic farming (certified organic)
• by using a modal fiber from domestic beech wood (Lenzing Modal Edelweiss)
• with resource-saving products, washing and finishing techniques
• without the workers in the manufacturing countries getting in contact with hazardous chemicals.
• with low-water and low-energy washing and staining, especially in denim